We are looking for skilled School-Based Therapists to join our team here at Eastern Shore Psychological Services!
School-Based Therapist provides clinical and therapeutic or forensic services within an Outpatient Mental Health Clinic (OMHC) or within an educational setting. Employees that work with the school-based population will assist in providing clinical and therapeutic services to clients who have demonstrated a need for rehabilitative intervention because of behavioral factors or personality disorders and co-existing mental health, health, substance abuse or other social adjustment factors.
- Applies clinical values, principles and techniques to assist clients to confront their personality disorders including anti-social behaviors and any co-existing health, mental health, substance abuse or other social adjustment factors;
- Provides individual therapeutic social work counseling, crisis intervention and on-going treatment to clients with mental health conditions and other presenting social adjustment factors, such as substance abuse, physical or developmental disability or communicable disease;
- Conduct support groups to address social and emotional issues of special concern to clients, such as grief, pregnancy, parenting skills and domestic violence;
- Provide case management services and act as liaison to community organizations to develop and coordinate after-care plans for special needs clients scheduled for transitional services for clients in various stages of the adjudication process;
- Conduct therapeutic group sessions with a cognitive behavioral theory base to remediate clients’ personality disorders, including anti-social behaviors;
- Performs other related duties.
Education and Work Experience (must possess one of the following):
Education: Determined by the State Board of Social Work Examiners or the Board of Professional Counselors under the licensing requirements for Social Workers or Professional Counselors.
License/Certifications/Training: LCSW or LCPC, Trauma and Attachment Certifications
Experience: Three years of experience providing clinical and therapeutic services through the application of the principles, methods and procedures of professional clinical services to school-base clients.
Download ESPS Application template to upload with your resume.