We are looking for highly skilled Clinical Therapists to join our team here at Eastern Shore Psychological Services!
A Therapist is the intermediate level providing clinical and therapeutic in an Outpatient Mental Health Clinic. Employees in this classification provide clinical and therapeutic services to clients who have demonstrated a need for rehabilitative intervention because of behavioral factors or personality disorders and co-existing mental health, health, substance abuse or other social adjustment factors. Employees in this classification do not supervise.
- Provide individual therapeutic social work counseling, crisis intervention and on-going treatment to clients with chronic health or mental health conditions and other presenting social adjustment factors, such as substance abuse, physical or developmental disability
- Provide psycho-social assessments and remediation plans and makes treatment recommendations
- Complete required institutional or court reports and recommendations
- Conduct therapeutic group sessions with a cognitive behavioral theory base to remediate clients’ personality disorders, including anti-social behaviors and participate in multidisciplinary treatment teams
- Participate on special work groups to develop proposals for treatment interventions and new treatment protocols or recommendations for agency social work policies and procedures
- Conduct support groups to address social and emotional issues of special concern to clients, such as grief, pregnancy, parenting skills and domestic violence
- Maintain special files related to confidential social work interactions with clients in a correctional facility
Education and Work Experience (must possess one of the following):
- Education: Master’s degree from an accredited college in Social Work or Professional Counseling.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience working as a licensed therapist.
- License/Certifications: Employees are required to be licensed Master Social Worker (on or after July 1, 2018) or licensed graduate professional counselor at a minimum.