Department: Clinical Reports to: Forensic Services Coordinator
Site: Lower Shore
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Forensic Services Coordinator and the general supervision of the Regional Programs Director, employee will provide forensic mental health services, including individual, group, and family therapy services to assigned patients.
Agency Expectations of Employee:
· Strives to excel in all aspects of our Mission and is committed to Excellence in Customer Service, Communication, Multidisciplinary Clinical Care, and Productivity
· Makes every effort to facilitate the clients’ efforts to live a self directed life and to reach their full potential
· Adheres to Agency Policy & Procedures
· Acts as a role model within and outside ESPS
· Performs duties as workload necessitates
· Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
· Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues
· Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
· Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
· Meets Department productivity standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain documentation in client records in compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations and ESPS clinical standards
2. Design and implement individual treatment plans for assigned patients
3. Complete documentation required for billing, including specific information needed by State and Federal Contracts
4. Maintain regular contact with Parole and Probation and DJS staff as appropriate
5. Participate in monthly COMET and Forensic meetings
6. Participate in weekly clinical team meetings
7. Maintain assigned productivity standards
7.1. Consistently low productivity may result in decreased hours commensurate with actual productivity averages.
8. Demonstrates ability to practice basic supportive skills and willingness to provide individual, family and group therapy.
9. Demonstrates positive professional regard for all patients and utilizes supervisory resources when necessary.
10. Engages clients in the therapeutic process as evidenced by patients’ satisfaction with treatment
11. Designs and implements clinically appropriate treatment plans utilizing the CARE-2 and other Evidenced Based Practice techniques to create goals that are individualized, observable, and measureable.
12. Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
13. Maintains accurate documentation in client records that is in compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations and ESPS clinical standards.
14. Completes documentation required for billing including Preauthorization Requests within required timeframes.
15. Actively participates in clinical team meetings and other appropriate meetings as scheduled
16. Refers and coordinates client care with PRP, Psychiatric and Testing services
17. Demonstrates knowledge of cultural norms and self-awareness of values, biases and stereotypes.
18. Maintains knowledge and awareness of available community resources. Makes appropriate referrals for needed services and assists clients in accessing appropriate resources.
19. Maintains minimum productivity standard of 65% direct patient care
20. Willingness to attend trainings and workshops and to incorporate new skills into professional action.
21. Completes other duties as assigned
Education and Work Experience:
· Licensed Mental Health Professional
· Experience providing forensic treatment preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
· Must comply with security clearance protocol
· Must provide documentation of Licensure, and Malpractice Insurance prior to start date
· Must complete universal insurance credentialing application & NPI # application within 1 week of start date
· If transporting clients must possess a valid Driver’s License with no more than 2 points, provide documentation of Auto Insurance, and provide current driving record
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit for long periods of time, keyboard, bend, and lift up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Download Application here – ESPS Application
Please submit application to HR@espsmd.com