School-Based Behavioral Health Program Coordinator/Therapist
Department: Clinical Reports to: Regional Programs Director or Designee
School-Based Behavioral Health Program Coordinator:
Responsible for the coordination of all school-based behavioral health services within the specified region. Establishes relationships with school administration and Board of Education personnel and acts as a liaison between ESPS and the school system/Board of Education. Provides support, supervision and oversight to school-based therapists and ensures billing and client documentation, pre-authorizations requests, and OMS Surveys are completed by staff in a timely manner
Responsible for the delivery of appropriate therapeutic services, including individual, family, group therapy, and coordination of services, as well as, the documentation required for each client file. In accordance with the ESPS Mission Statement and Guiding principles, the Therapist maintains a spirit of ‘Mission Driven Excellence’ in all aspects of their position.
Agency Expectations of Employee:
- Strives to excel in all aspects of our Mission and is committed to Excellence in Customer Service, Communication, Multidisciplinary Clinical Care, and Productivity
- Understands the Recovery Model and makes every effort to facilitate the clients’ efforts to live a self directed life and to reach their full potential
- Adheres to Agency Policy & Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside ESPS
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meets Department productivity standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
School-Based Behavioral Health Program Coordinator
- Act as the liaison between ESPS and the school system. Monitor compliance with contract requirements between the school system and ESPS. Meet with and develop relationship with school administration and Board of Education personnel.
- Review referrals and assign cases to appropriate school-based therapist. Be knowledgeable of the school-based therapist’s case loads and anticipate the needs of each school-based location and services.
- Collect and compile school-based statistics.
- Offer support and supervision to school-based therapist as needed to ensure effective continuum of care is provided.
- Ensure school-based therapists complete documentation required for billing including Preauthorization Requests and OMS Surveys, within required timeframes.
- Ensure school-based therapists maintain documentation in client records in compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations and ESPS clinical standards.
- Participate in clinical team meetings, leadership meeting, and other appropriate meetings as scheduled.
- Facilitate collaboration between school-based therapists, Family Advocates, families, school personnel, and community agencies/resources to ensure clients’ needs are being addressed.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned productivity standards.
- Schedule and facilitate school-based meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring school supply requests are gathered, expenditure requests are submitted to Program Director in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates ability to practice basic supportive skills and willingness to provide individual, family and group therapy.
- Demonstrates positive professional regard for all patients and utilizes supervisory resources when necessary..
- Engages clients in the therapeutic process as evidenced by patients’ satisfaction with treatment
- Designs and implements clinically appropriate treatment plans utilizing the CARE-2 and other Evidenced Based Practice techniques to create goals that are individualized, observable, and measureable.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
- Maintains accurate documentation in client records that is in compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations and ESPS clinical standards.
- Completes documentation required for billing including Preauthorization Requests within required timeframes.
- Actively participates in clinical team meetings and other appropriate meetings as scheduled
- Refers and coordinates client care with PRP, Psychiatric and Testing services
- Demonstrates knowledge of cultural norms and self-awareness of values, biases and stereotypes.
- Maintains knowledge and awareness of available community resources. Makes appropriate referrals for needed services and assists clients in accessing appropriate resources.
- Maintains minimum productivity standard of 65% direct patient care
- Willingness to attend trainings and workshops and to incorporate new skills into professional action.
- Completes other duties as assigned
Education and Work Experience:
- LCSW-C or LCPC required.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience preferred
- Certified or certification eligible as supervisor through DHMH Board of Social Work Examiners.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work with a wide variety of clients.
- Ability to work with culturally and socio-economically diverse populations
- Must comply with security clearance protocol
- Must maintain documentation of licensure and malpractice insurance annually
- If transporting clients must possess a valid Driver’s License with no more than 2 points, provide documentation of Auto Insurance, and provide current driving record
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit for long periods of time, keyboard, bend, and lift up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Submit application & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.