Department: Administrative Reports to: Front Desk Supervisor
EEO Job Category: Administrative Support Worker
Summary: Assures a professional and welcoming atmosphere for all clients and visitors. Maintain the Front Desk daily administrative, clerical, and record keeping functions
Agency Expectations of Employee:
- Strives to excel in all aspects of our Mission and is committed to Excellence in Customer Service, Communication, Multidisciplinary Clinical Care, and Productivity
- Makes every effort to facilitate the clients’ efforts to live a self directed life and to reach their full potential
- Adheres to Agency Policy & Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside ESPS
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meets Department productivity standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to ESPS Customer Service Guidelines: acknowledges clients within 5 seconds; greets clients using positive statements (“Welcome to ESPS,” “Welcome back,” “Hi, how may I help you?”); addresses client concerns (“Thank you for your patience,” “We apologize”); uses the 5 fabulous phrases (please, thank you, we’re sorry, you’re welcome, and excuse me).
- Maintains a professional, positive, and supportive atmosphere and assures all clients, visitors, and staff are greeted and assisted in an appropriate and welcoming manner. Remembers to Respect and Value Everyone (RAVE). Insures that appropriate staff titles are used when clients are present.
- Explains the Same Day Access model accurately including the days and hours service is provided, documentation required at time of service, and able to overcome basic objections of the model.
- Insures treatment sessions are not interrupted, unless there is a serious emergency
- Maintains client confidentiality at all times according to agency policy
- Completes administrative, clerical and record keeping functions of the reception. Pulls charts and necessary paperwork for clinicians for the next day’s clients. Files client records according to office policy
- Performs miscellaneous clerical duties such as mails correspondence, files documents and correspondence, makes and collates copies, scans documents into the practice management software, distributes incoming faxes, and sends outgoing faxes.
- Answers phones politely, accurately and promptly within 3 rings. Insures messages are delivered to Voice Mail accurately and promptly. Checks voicemail at the beginning of each shift and throughout the day as needed
- Schedules appointments efficiently and accurately; confirms appointments 48 hours prior to date of service using appropriate script. Maintains a Cancellation list for each therapist and attempts to backfill cancelled appointments.
- Verifies the insurance of clients on the day of service, listens to the full message, notifies appropriate Billing Department and treatment provider staff of any inactive insurance, and notifies appropriate supervisor in case of an inactive treatment provider.
- Explains basic insurance information to clients and is able to answer basic insurance questions.
- Proficient in use of the electronic health record to run reports for next day’s clients as required
- Checks email at the beginning of shift and throughout the day as needed
- Assembles new client packets for intakes and creates charts for new clients; Assists clients in filling out initial paperwork; Ensures copies of government issued identification, insurance cards, and custody papers are obtained.
- Consistently checks in clients using practice management software, verifies demographic and insurance data in the practice management software is correct at time of service, has client sign in. Collects and posts co-pays accurately. Properly utilizes impress fund.
- Prepares daily deposits, per ESPS policy, as needed.
- If working the closing shift, complete all items on the closing checklist
- Actively involved in performance appraisal process, increases knowledge by identifying goals for self-development, and by attending staff development programs that meet individual learning needs, and submits time sheets/expense sheets in a timely manner.
- Performs other related duties as required
Education and Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- A minimum of one year clerical experience required; Two years of experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Accurate typing speed of 40-50 words per minute
- Strong ability to multi-task several projects at one time
- Ability to function independently and work well within a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and verbal skills
- Business Machine knowledge
- Familiar with Microsoft Office software
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit for long periods of time, keyboard, bend, and lift up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Submit application & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.